Civil engineering cover letter
View this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
As a civil engineer, you know how to design and build great structures—but how are you at composing your cover letter? To be considered for top civil engineering jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for civil engineering jobs on Monster.
Civil engineering cover letter template
Lena Marks, EIT
Sometown, AZ 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
November 8, 2017
Ms. Diane Smith
55 Circle Point
Sometown, AZ 55555
Re: Civil Engineer Trainee III u Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
Your civil engineer trainee position is an exciting opportunity. ABC Company’s stellar reputation for providing quality service and project support to your clients is well-known, and I am motivated to join your team.
Highlights of my credentials:
- BS in civil engineering and Engineer in Training (EIT) certification from NCEES.
- Two years of experience as a civil engineer trainee and intern for premier design firms.
- Hands-on experience providing project design and site civil engineering leadership for water, wastewater, roadway and other municipal infrastructure projects in Sometown, AZ.
- Delivery of on-schedule, on-budget and high-quality completion of infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complexity and budgets ranging from $500K to $6.8M.
- Proficient in preparing drawings and technical specs using AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
In addition, I have worked closely with licensed PEs to save our clients and employers tens of thousands of dollars while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements. I have provided creative, cost-effective design solutions to issues including erosion, corrosive groundwater, insufficient water inflow/drainage, soil instability, steep-slope grading and other engineering challenges.
If my credentials and strong understanding of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure systems are well matched to your needs, please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview. Thanks very much.
Lena Marks, EIT