Bank teller resume sample
See how your resume can help launch your career in banking with this bank teller resume sample.
You need to bank on more than just your skills and experience to get offers for bank teller jobs. A successful candidate for this customer-facing position also needs a comprehensive resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To see how your resume can help launch your career, view this sample resume for bank teller that Isaacs created below, or download the bank teller resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you'll find the highest level of employment for bank teller jobs in the following states: Texas, California, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, and Chicago.
As a teller, you can expect to earn a median wage of $28,110 per year, or $13.52 per hour, according to the BLS.
Bank teller resume template
Sometown, ID 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Bank Teller & Retail Banking Operations
Accurately process customer teller transactions | Help customers meet financial goals
Provide valuable in-person services as the industry moves to mobile and automated banking solutions
Experienced bank teller known for delivering friendly service and personalized attention to all customers. Contribute to achieving branch sales goals by recommending products and services that meet customer needs. Solid knowledge of banking regulations and compliance matters; adhere to security and compliance procedures for protection of cash and other assets.
ABC BANK — Sometown, ID | Bank Teller, 2010 to Present
Handle financial transactions at high-volume branch in downtown business district. Manage deposits, withdrawals, transfers and check cashing; verify customer identification, signature and balance information; process loan payments; and open/close accounts.
- Achieved an excellent drawer balancing record of zero shortages or overages throughout tenure.
- Selected as lead teller to implement “express line” for single transactions during peak business periods. Lowered average wait-time by 25%, leading to highest customer satisfaction scores in branch history.
- Won 2nd place for number of car loan referrals and 1st place for number of money market savings account referrals during two recent cross-selling promotions.
- Educated customers on online service offerings and mobile apps. Helped account holders access technology to enhance banking convenience via multiple self-service channels.
DEF COMPANY — Sometown, ID | Cashier, 2007 to 2010
Handled transactions and managed cash register drawer reports for electronics retailer.
- Recognized for drawer-count accuracy, customer service excellence and outstanding work ethic throughout employment at XYZ.
- Built rapport with customers, displaying friendly, attentive service in all interactions.
- Earned “Employee Ace” award for going above and beyond in assisting teammates and customers.
ABA Bank Teller Certificate, American Bankers Association
Completed ABA required courses:
Banking Today | Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers | Effective Client Referrals | Revitalizing Customer Service
Essentials of Workplace Conduct | Ethical Issues for Bankers | Relationship Selling | Teller Basics
High School Diploma • XYZ HIGH SCHOOL — Sometown, ID
Check your resume
Before deciding to submit your resume to job ads, you want to be sure your skills and experience are properly displayed in order to compel a hiring manager to call you in for an interview. Could you use some help? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Cash in on a great opportunity that can lead to a strong job search.