Custodian resume sample
View this sample resume for a custodian, or download the custodian resume template in Word.
Does your resume need some cleaning and maintenance? To be considered for top custodian jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a custodian that Isaacs created below, or download the custodian resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Additionally, you can search for custodian jobs on Monster.
Custodian resume template
Sometown, MD 55555 | Home: (555) 555-5555 | Cell: (555) 555-5551
Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Custodian | Janitor | Maintenance worker
Safety-conscious, loyal and hardworking school janitor with highly regarded custodial skills and a reputation for thoroughness in cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds. Respected by administrators, faculty, staff and students—known for positive attitude and personable demeanor.
Work proficiencies include:
- Cleaning and maintaining floors (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, stripping, buffing and polishing)
- Scrubbing and sanitizing restroom facilities
- Removing snow and ice from walkways and parking lots
- Handling light facility repairs
- Keeping janitor room and closets clean and organized
ABC SCHOOL DISTRICT | Custodian, 2014 to Present
Provide cleaning, upkeep and facility maintenance of grounds and buildings on 3-acre campus. Partner with janitorial crew to clean classrooms, offices, restrooms, cafeteria, auditorium, gymnasium and library.
- Helped develop cleaning checklist that elevated the consistency of custodial activities throughout the school.
- Ensured accurate inventory and timely restocking of janitorial closet. Implemented computerized forms that improved communication with district office to prevent delays and stock-outs on needed supplies.
- Managed setup and teardown for events such as open houses, commencements, award ceremonies, assemblies, parent-teacher conferences, sporting competitions, concerts and plays.
- Spearheaded green recycling program in partnership with local nonprofit organization that has raised $5,000+ from recycling paper, cans and printer cartridges.
- Kept facilities and grounds safe and in compliance with state, county and city codes.
- Named “Employee of the Month” in June 2017 and earned high marks on performance reviews for work ethic, attention to detail and commitment to the school community.
DEF CHURCH | Custodian and Groundskeeper, 2010 to 2014
Coordinated with facility manager to clean building and grounds for church with approximately 450 members.
- Maintained cleanliness of sanctuary, offices, meeting rooms, kitchen, restrooms and gathering hall.
- Assisted with seasonal painting projects and loading/unloading of donated food, clothing and other goods.
XYZ SCHOOL | High School Diploma
Clean Drug Screen & Background Check | Available for All Shifts