Data scientist resume sample
View this sample resume for a data scientist, or download the data scientist resume template in Word.
Does your resume have all the facts and figures to help you rise to the top of the hiring pool? To be considered for top data scientist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a data scientist that Isaacs created below, or download the data scientist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for data scientist jobs on Monster.
Data scientist resume template
Maria Tanner, Ph.D.
Sometown, CA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Data Scientist | Quantitative Analyst
Providing data-driven, action-oriented solutions to challenging business problems
Business-minded data scientist with a demonstrated ability to deliver valuable insights via data analytics and advanced data-driven methods. Relied on as a key advisor in driving global, multibillion-dollar growth; gains in customer loyalty; and record-setting profit improvements.
ABC, Inc. (Subscriber-based provider of streaming digital movies and TV)
Data Scientist, 2013 to Present | Sr. Analyst, 2011 to 2013 | Research Associate, 2008 to 2011
Furnish executive leadership team with insights, analytics, reports and recommendations enabling effective strategic planning across all business units, distribution channels and product lines.
- Developed intricate algorithms based on deep-dive statistical analysis and predictive data modeling that were used to deepen relationships, strengthen longevity and personalize interactions with customers.
- Analyzed and processed complex data sets using advanced querying, visualization and analytics tools.
- Identified, measured and recommended improvement strategies for KPIs across all business areas.
- Propelled 2-year revenue growth from $1.2B to $3.25B.
- Achieved an 87% renewal rate (15% above goal) in 2017.
- Boosted market share by 16%, customer satisfaction by 25% and mobile users by 350% in 2017.
Teaching Appointments: Teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in statistics and economics as an adjunct faculty member at ABC University (2014 to Present) and XYZ University (2011 to 2014).
ABC University | Ph.D. in Statistics | MA in Behavioral Economics
XYZ University | BS in Mathematics, Minor in Computer Science
Data and Analytics Tools/Languages: Spark, SparkR, R, Python, Scala, Hive, SQL, SAS, Tableau, SPSS, Hadoop, Stata, Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services
Publications and Presentations: Available at mariatannerphdportfolio.com