Internship resume sample
Make your resume stand out—even if you don't have a lot of workplace experience.
How do you get a job if you don’t have any job experience under your belt? Start with an internship—it’s a surefire way to develop the skills needed to land a full-time job. To be a successful candidate for an internship, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a resume that highlights your skills and accomplishments. View the sample resume for an intern that Isaacs created below, or download the intern resume template in Word.
Additionally, you can search for internships on Monster.
Internship resume template
Sometown, MA 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Chemistry Major Seeking a...
Summer Internship within the Beer Brewing Industry
- XYZ University student offering a strong foundation in organic chemistry, fermentation processes, laboratory management and equipment safety/maintenance gained through chemistry degree studies.
- Passion for brewing demonstrated through startup of home-based brewing operation and launch of private beer label. Eager to pursue a career in the craft beer industry.
- Track record of commended performance throughout employment concurrent with schooling. Fast learner committed to delivering excellent quality and exceeding goals.
XYZ UNIVERSITY — Sometown, MA
Pursuing BS in Chemistry, Minor in Business Management (108/120 credits completed)
- Special Project: Earned high marks on general chemistry fermentation project, leading to passion for career in the brewing industry.
- Program Highlights: Completed coursework includes:
General Chemistry I & II
Global Energy & IT Courses
Avid home brewer since 2015 and founder of Leonne’s Pride Beer label. Enjoy experimenting with ingredients, fine-tuning brewing processes and creating new recipes including:
All Malt Pilsner | Oktoberfest (fan favorite) | Summer Ale | American Light Ale | Imperial Pale | Kölsch (German-style beer) | Patriot Ale | India Pale Ale | Amber Ale | Double / Winter Ales
ABC COFFEE SHOP — Sometown, MA
Team Leader • Crew Member, 9/2015 to Present
Promoted to shift leader within 8 months of initial hire. Supervise a 3-member team, with key-holder accountability for closing store, balancing receipts and depositing daily sales. Ensure accurate handling of all customer transactions and premium service delivery in every interaction.
- Reduced expenses by 8% within 3 months of starting in team lead position; minimized waste and enhanced operational efficiency.
- Increased monthly revenues 12% by rolling out regular LTO (limited-time offer) up-selling initiatives.
- Achieved record-high ratings on customer satisfaction surveys¾from an average of 89% to 96%.
DEF COMPANY — Sometown, MA
Waiter • Lifeguard • Utilities Manager, Summers 2015 and 2016
Worked in various roles at country club. As utilities manager, managed dishwashing crew and back-of-house sanitation operations. As lifeguard, supervised pool guest safety and responded to accidents and safety hazards. As waiter, provided attentive service to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction.
Put your resume to work
The competition for top internships is understandably fierce, which is why having a strong resume is crucial. You need to make sure it highlights your skills, experience, and interest, while also demonstrating how you'd bring value to the company or organization. Could you use some help smoothing out the details? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. An internship is an important first step on your career path, so be sure to put your best foot forward.