Sample resume for an entry-level IT developer
Launching your career as an IT pro? If your skills sizzle but your resume fizzles, check out this resume sample for improvement ideas.
Launching your career as a Web developer? To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If your websites sizzle but your resume fizzles, check out this sample resume that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level IT developer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn about information technology careers on Monster.
Entry-level IT developer resume template
Sometown, OH 43085
Home: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | BeFound Profile
@twitterhandle | LinkedIn | Portfolio Link
- Junior Web developer able to build a Web presence from the ground up -- from concept, navigation, layout and programming to UX and SEO.
- Skilled at writing well-designed, testable and efficient code using current best practices in Web development.
- Fast learner, hard worker and team player who is proficient in an array of scripting languages and multimedia Web tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Experience Design, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, Dreamweaver, Fuse, Adobe Muse, Acrobat Pro DC
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Sometown, OH
BS, Information Technology, Concentration in Web Site Development, degree in progress
- Web & Multimedia Development
- Digital & Interactive Design
- Graphic & GUI Design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 3D Animation & Agile Methodologies
- Web Content Management
- Internet Technologies
- Compression Formats
- Audio/Video Editing
- System Security
Web Development Experience
ABC CHARITY, Sometown Chapter -- Sometown, OH
Web Developer, 2015 to Present (summers)
Volunteered as a Web developer for newly opened animal shelter.
- Co-developed a dynamic, secure Web site from scratch. Launched visually appealing, user-friendly Webscape with interactive features to optimize traffic, page views, site "stickiness" and user experience (UX).
- Used SEO best practices to elevate organization’s Web presence; achieved top 10 Google rankings on several highly competitive keywords.
- Created online surveys, contests and donation forms that boosted funding and organizational visibility. Helped drive $38K in ecommerce revenues.
- Engineered innovative "Adopt-a-Pet" Web application customized for mobile devices. Honored with "Volunteer of the Year" award as a result.