CNA resume example
View this sample CNA resume for ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care.
As a certified nursing assistant (CNA), you may diligently care for your patients, but how well do you care for your own resume? To be a successful candidate for nursing assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
For ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care, check out this sample resume for an experienced CNA that Isaacs created below. You can also download the certified nursing assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Certified Nursing Assistant resume template
Kris Connor, CNA
Sometown, CT 06602
Home: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Reliable, service-focused nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills gained through five years of experience as a CNA. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings. BLS and CPR certified (current).
- Patient Care & Safety
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Vital Signs & Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support
ABC STAFFING COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2012 to Present
- Provide high-quality patient care as an in-demand per-diem CNA within surgical, acute-care, rehabilitation, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserve patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering, emptying drainage bags and bathing.
- Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
DEF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2010 to 2012
- Provided nursing assistance to residents in a 120-bed long-term-care facility.
- Assisted residents with activities of daily living including helping with meals, transferring using assistive devices, bathing, dressing and grooming.
GHI HOSPITAL, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to 2010
- Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
- Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
ABC School, Sometown, CT
Nurse’s Aide Program
- Completed 60 hours of clinical training
Get your nursing resume seen
Nursing is expected to grow more than 10% in the next eight years, which is great news. But the market is competitive, so you need to get your resume as much exposure as possible. Could you use a hand getting it noticed? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five resumes—each tailored to the different kinds of nursing jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Your resume can get you a job sooner than you think.