Sample Resume for a Retail Manager
Does your resume do a good job selling your skills as a retail manager to potential employers? For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the retail manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Retail Manager Resume Sample
Sometown, CA 94022 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Award-Winning Retail Store Manager
- Big box-experienced store manager whose career with Fortune 500 retailers has been distinguished by accelerated advancement, awards and goal-surpassing performance-to-plan.
- Successful in both startup and turnaround management roles. Propelled multiple stores to #1 in sales and customer satisfaction district-wide while simultaneously lowering shrink and staff turnover to all-time lows.
- Comprehensive background leading all aspects of retail operations (e.g., P&L, merchandising, sales, customer service, inventory, personnel and payroll management) reinforced by bilingual fluency in Spanish and extensive retail management training.
Store Manager of the Year (Southern CA), ABC Stores
#1 in Sales (Southern CA), ABC Stores
Pinnacle Award (for loss-prevention excellence), ABC Stores
Service Excellence Award (#1 customer satisfaction in district), XYZ Corp.
Department Manager of the Quarter, XYZ Corp.
ABC stores, inc. | Long Beach / Los Angeles, CA
Store Manager, 2012 to Present
Assistant Store Manager, 2010 to 2012
Promoted to oversee startup and daily operations for new ABC Stores Supercenter in Long Beach. Manage a $38M, 200-employee, big-box location; direct all departments (hard lines, soft lines and grocery/perishable lines); develop merchandising and loss-control strategies; execute corporate programs, promotions and policies; and drive optimal customer satisfaction, associate productivity and P&L results.
- Led startup and grand opening of new Supercenter. Exceeded sales and profit goals by up to 8% and 12%, respectively, from first year of opening and in each ensuing year.
- Elevated Long Beach store to #1 in sales out of 58 locations in region, setting new area Supercenter year-end sales record of $38M.
- Tied for first place among 58 stores for lowest shrink in region in 2015 and earned #1 ranking in this category among 50 stores in 2016.
- Developed and launched loss-prevention program that proved so successful in deterring theft that it was rolled out nationwide.
- Awarded “Store Manager of the Year” (2015) as a result of superior sales and customer satisfaction results.
- Excelled at building and motivating management and hourly teams. Developed many entry-level associates to leadership positions and quickly became one of the primary trainers of new store managers across the district.
- Recognized for key role in elevating Los Angeles store to achieve #1 sales ranking (out of 22 locations) district-wide in 2014.
XYZ CORPORATION | Compton / Burbank / Inglewood, CA
Store Manager (Compton), 2010
Assistant Store Manager (Burbank / Inglewood), 2008 to 2010
Department Manager (Housewares / Electronics, Inglewood), 2007 to 2008
Advanced through promotions to become store manager of $27M location with 150+ employees. Provided strategic, operational and financial leadership and maintained national service standards in all locations.
- Propelled a near worst-to-first turnaround of Compton store, transforming one of the district’s lowest ranked stores (#15 out of 17 in sales with the highest shrink in region) to #2 in sales, #1 in customer satisfaction and third-lowest in shrink.
- Assisted Burbank store manager in driving single-year sales growth of 22% (setting a new record company-wide) to achieve #1 in district sales in 2010.
- Reversed Inglewood store’s downward spiral by overhauling systems, processes, training programs and personnel. Corrected issues such as internal theft, lagging customer service and poor morale.
Luxury, inc. | Menlo Park, CA
Store Manager Trainee, 2007
Assistant Department Manager (Women’s Wear / Housewares), 2006 to 2007
Sales Associate (Various Departments), 2005 to 2006
Recognized as one of store’s “rising stars” (elevating sales, margins, staff retention and customer satisfaction by as much 45%), resulting in selection to complete Luxury’s renowned store manager trainee program.
University Of San Diego | San Diego, CA
Courses in Business Management
Retail Management Training:
Completed 24-week management training program at Luxury as well as professional development courses throughout XYZ and ABC employment. Topics:
Store Operations Management | Grocery Operations Management | Inventory & Loss Control
P&L Statements | Customer Service | Leadership & Supervision | Merchandising & Plan-O-Grams
“May is clearly one of the district’s stand-out managers…my go-to trainer for new managers…excels in motivating associates…surpassed sales targets for our new Long Beach store from day one…delivered the region’s lowest shrink for the past two years running…” - Greg Mardell, District Manager, ABC Stores, Inc.
“…May’s success in providing turnaround leadership has been exceptional…excellent leadership skills…an innovative problem-solver…knows how to drive results…” - Ray Fisk, District Manager, XYZ Corp.