Sample resume for an entry-level mechanical engineer
How to fine-tune your resume so it performs like a well-oiled machine.
As you embark on your engineering career, you'll need a resume that makes you stand out from the competition, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For ideas on how you can fine-tune your own resume, view this sample resume for an entry-level mechanical engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level mechanical engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Additionally, you can learn more about engineering careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer resume template
Sometown, PA 17000
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Recent graduate of ABET-accredited BSME program seeking an entry-level mechanical engineering position.
Key skills and knowledge areas:
- Solid command of technologies, tools and best practices in designing mechanical equipment using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and engineering drawings.
- Excellent shop and safety skills honed from work as a machinist and welder. Able to design and fabricate tooling and mechanical test fixtures.
- Strong team collaboration skills. Work closely with team members to achieve engineering goals.
ABC University -- Sometown, PA
Ranked in the top 10 mechanical engineering schools by US News and World Report
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), GPA: 3.4, 5/2016
- Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Analysis, Mechanics of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics of Machinery, Measurement and Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering Thermodynamics, Industrial Processes, Elements of Material Engineering, Machine Design, Mechanical Vibrations, Thermal Systems Laboratory, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Completed senior project at DEF Company, a manufacturer of machine tools for the sheet metal industry.
- Assisted engineering department in designing straight hand seamer used in bending, seaming and flattening sheet metal.
- Created models using SolidWorks and participated in cross-functional product-development meetings.
- Contributed idea for change in handle design that is expected to improve comfort and safety when gripping the seamer. Product is currently in preproduction testing phase.
Programs: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Project, MATLAB, MS Excel
Machining and Welding Tools: CNCs, mills, lathes, angle grinders, plasma cutters, oxy-acetylene torches, arc welders, band saws, grinders, shears, drill presses, chop saws, etc.
Hired by ABC Machining Company as well as local construction companies to handle per-diem projects.
Machinist & Welder (contractor), 9/2015 to Present
- Earned a reputation as a talented machinist and welder. Developed excellent fabrication and machine shop skills, completing all projects on time and to specifications.
- Handled welding assignments that involved installing, repairing and fabricating materials (sheet metal, steel, tools, parts, doors, gates and more). Became adept at reading blueprints/drawings and fulfilling work orders.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in operating equipment and machines including CNC machines, cutting machines and hydraulic presses for the fabrication of mechanical components.
Your resume is your first impression on a recruiter or hiring manager, so make sure it tells your story the best way possible. Get more resume, interview, and career management advice when you become a Monster member. You can also upload up to five resumes so recruiters can find you as soon as jobs open up.