Sample resume for a phlebotomist
This sample resume for a phlebotomist shows how you can communicate your phlebotomy credentials and draw your resume to the top of the stack.
Your resume is the lifeblood of your job search, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To see how you can communicate your phlebotomy credentials and draw your resume to the top of the stack, view this sample resume for a phlebotomist that Isaacs created below. You can also download the phlebotomist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers on Monster.
Phlebotomist resume template
Greg Myers, CPT
Sometown, CA 93000
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
- CPT II certified by the State of California with more than a decade of experience within hospital and blood bank settings.
- Skillful and precise in performing venipunctures and capillary punctures; collecting, preparing and storing blood samples; and verifying medical records. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, infection control procedures, quality assurance support and data entry and retrieval.
- Possess excellent patient-relations skills – known for having a gentle touch and the ability to alleviate patient anxieties.
- Venipuncture & Capillary Puncture
- Blood Collection & Handling Safety
- Medical Records Review
- Blood Specimen Storage
- Patient & Donor Care
- Quality Assurance & Controls
Phlebotomist, ABC Hospital (Sometown, CA), 2011 to Present
- Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Follow infection-control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions.
- Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood, and safely store and transport samples.
- Build trust and minimize patient discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while efficiently collecting blood specimens.
- Work collaboratively with patients, healthcare providers and patient support departments to ensure a high quality of service.
Phlebotomist, DEF Organization (Sometown, CA), 2006 to 2011
- Performed phlebotomy functions within blood donor center as well as mobile blood-bank units.
- Eased donors’ stress and made the experience as comfortable as possible, which attracted a steady stream of repeat donors.
- Honored as a member of mobile team that collected 25,000+ units of lifesaving blood, setting a new record for DEF Organization.
Education & Credentials
Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Phlebotomy, XYZ University (Sometown, CA)
Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT), American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Licensed Phlebotomist, State of California
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)