Sample resume for a software engineer
To be the successful job candidate in the technology field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. To see if your own resume could use some reprogramming, view our sample resume for a software engineer below and download the software engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Software Engineer resume template
Sometown, PA 55555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 555.555.5555 | LinkedIn URL | Portfolio Link
High-Performance Applications | Continuous Improvement | Full-Lifecycle Configuration Management
Engineering leader valued for driving quality and consistency throughout all phases of software development projects. Partner with developers, analysts, QA and support engineers throughout the product lifecycle to produce high-quality, user-friendly, scalable and bug-free software.
Java, .NET, C#, C++, T-SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, REST, AJAX, TCP/IP, Sockets, Multithreading
MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server, IIS, TFS, SSIS, OLAP
Software Engineering Skills
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, 7/2012 to Present | ABC Company – Sometown, PA
Key contributor to startup company’s fast evolution from selling one niche product to offering a full solutions suite marketed to the global financial services industry.
- Led development of robust version upgrade to ABCWorks 2.0. Engineered software release for speed and improved the user experience. Outcomes:
- A 25% increase in incremental revenues (multimillion-dollar growth) within one year.
- Award for “Best Financial Services Platform” at Tech Innovators 2016 international conference.
- Goal-surpassing 9.2 NPS (customer satisfaction) scores, up from 8.5 last fiscal year.
- 175 large-dollar account wins in 2016 – all migrated to ABC from Fortune 500 competitors.
- Top-tier coverage in 50+ media outlets this year (traditional, social media and tech-specific news sites).
JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, 7/2011 to 7/2012 | DEF Company – Sometown, PA
Collaborated in a team-focused environment providing software solutions to diverse industry clients.
- Helped build and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time and secure systems used by customers worldwide. Outcomes:
- Completed eight major projects, working closely with agile development team to develop, test and maintain Web- and desktop-based software applications.
- Adhered to high-quality development standards while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering(BSSE) | ABC University, Sometown, PA
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) | Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)