Sample Resume for a Substitute Teacher
There’s always more to learn about how to polish your resume for teaching jobs. View the sample resume below, and download the substitute teacher resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about education careers on Monster.
Substitute Teacher resume template
Sometown, TX 75000 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Certified Substitute Teacher
Long-term substitute teaching experience n Record of helping students achieve academic success
- Dedicated and reliable K-12 substitute teacher. Credentials include TX substitute teaching certification, fluency in Spanish and a BA in English.
- Passion for quality education and student/school success. Skills and knowledge areas include:
Substitute Teacher, 2006-Present — SOMETOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT (Sometown, TX)
Fulfill both short- and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels (grades K-12) and diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruct classes of as many as 24 students; communicate with teachers, administrators and parents; and build a positive rapport with students.
Key Contributions & Educational Outcomes:
- Praised for dedication, reliability, organization and effectiveness as one of school district’s most in-demand substitutes. Filled in for permanent teachers at a moment’s notice;closely adhered to lesson plans; and kept students motivated, engaged and focused.
- Selected as a long-term substitute for teachers on maternity or extended medical leave.
- Substituted for absent ESL/ESOL, high school Spanish and special education teachers as one of the few substitute teachers qualified in these areas. Met the needs of students with limited English language proficiency as well as learning disabilities.
- Stepped in to run after-school programs (e.g., girls’ volleyball coaching, cheerleading coaching and after-school tutoring) when permanent teachers were unable to fill these roles.
- Incorporated technology into students’ learning activities for varied academic disciplines. Efforts proved
so successful in enhancing student understanding of material that they resulted in invitation to lead
districtwide teacher in-service on “Technology Integration across the Curriculum.”
Home-School Teacher, 2004-2006 (Sometown, TX)
Managed home-school program and daily instruction for triplets (all diagnosed with developmental learning disorders), using CITA-accredited Calvert® curriculum for grades 1 and 2. Incorporated creative lessons, activities and experiential learning into daily teaching and created a structured yet enjoyable learning environment. Elevated children’s social, language and cognitive skills to enable them to enter public school and thrive within a mainstreamed classroom.
Education & Credentials
BA in English, Minor in Spanish — SOMETOWN UNIVERSITY (Sometown, TX)
Overseas study: Spent two summer semesters in Spain in a full-immersion language program
Texas Substitute Teacher Certificate