Teacher assistant resume sample
Learn the right way to make your resume stand out for an assistant teacher position.
Is your resume in a class all its own, or could it use some extra attention? Consider this today’s lesson: To be a successful candidate for teaching assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
For writing tips, view this sample resume for a teaching assistant that Isaacs created below, or download the teaching assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a strong resume that can get you noticed by hiring managers.
Additionally, you can search for teacher assistant jobs on Monster.
Teacher assistant resume template
Sometown, TX 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Assistant | Classroom Aide | Paraprofessional
Providing Instructional Support to Special Education Students (Grades 1–6)
- Dedicated, caring and responsible education professional deeply committed to supporting teachers and students within special education as well as inclusive classrooms.
- Patient, upbeat and creative in tailoring instruction to meet individual student needs and learning styles.
- Independent classroom aide requiring minimal teacher direction. Provide customized assistance to children with a variety of special needs and make positive contributions optimizing learner engagement.
- Classroom & Teacher Assistance
- Special Education Support
- Learning Differences
- Student Safety & Supervision
- Resource Room Tutoring
- Learner Engagement & Assessment
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Self-Contained & Inclusion Classrooms
- Group Activity Planning & Management
- Lesson Planning & Support
- Learning Center Organization
- Class Material Preparation
- Student Progress Monitoring
- Education Technologies
Teacher Assistant, 7/14 to Present • ABC SCHOOL • Sometown, TX
Serve as a “floater” within public elementary school for grades 1-6, providing assistance to special education teachers and students within self-contained (resource) as well as inclusion classrooms. Support instructional activities, learner engagement, classroom management and behavior modification goals. Follow school policies, teacher guidelines and student IEPs to ensure student safety and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Gained experience assisting students with a range of disabilities and learning differences, including ADD, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, dyslexia, cerebral palsy and Down syndrome.
- Led educational games and group activities; provided multifaceted teacher/classroom support; and assisted special-needs students with classroom learning, task execution and language expansion.
- Developed trust and rapport with children, providing assistance to teachers and engaging students in learning activities and positive behaviors to optimize their understanding of lessons.
- Aided students in reaching cognitive and development milestones, ranging from language acquisition and social skills progress to standardized test score improvements of up to 35% annually per student.
- Commended by teachers and school principal for creative instructional activities and calm, nurturing approach that helped foster an environment conducive to student success.
High School Diploma | DEF HIGH SCHOOL | Sometown, TX
- CPI Certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® (including aggression de-escalation & least-restrictive holds)
- Certified in First Aid & CPR (American Red Cross)
SMART Learning Suite; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Apple iPad/iPod/iOS; Mac OS X; Windows
Is your resume ready for hiring managers? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five versions of your resume. Recruiters search Monster every day looking for stellar assistant teacher candidates just like you.